£23-25K depending on experience
Solihull – Hampton in Arden
Are you an enthusiastic, detail orientated Graphic Designer looking for a new career move?
Do you have experience of managing multiple projects and working to strict deadlines?
General Physics (UK) Ltd (GP UK) is looking to recruit for a Graphic Designer to join their team based in Solihull. GP UK is a subsidiary of GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE:GPX), a global performance improvement company. GP UK supports organisations in improving their ability to service their customers needs through innovative and creative training interventions, consulting, and business improvement solutions.
Experience Required: Extensive commercial experience in graphic and visual design, where a proven track record if evident.
Tasks are likely to include:
• finding out about the project requirements (taking a ‘brief’)
• estimating the time the project will require, and issuing realistic timings for completion
• coming up with design concepts that fit our divisional needs and in keeping with our brand
• presenting options for design/marketing collateral
• creating final designs, working to tight deadlines
• amending designs according to the marketing manager and the divisions final comments
• proofreading of all work
• managing of brand templates across all divisions
• image sourcing
• brand guideline maintenance
Desired Skills & Experience
• Strong creative ability
• A good knowledge of print processes
• The ability to take a project from concept through to artwork for print in an organised fashion, including associated paperwork and back up
• Effective project management, taking responsibility individual projects from concept through to print
• The ability to multi-task
• The ability to work as part of a team and share projects with the design team
• Working to tight deadlines
• Proven ability to bring original ideas to each project
• A good eye for detail
Software Knowledge, proficient knowledge and experience of the following systems on Mac or PC are essential:
• Adobe CS4 Suite + (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat & Dreamweaver). Flash would be an advantage
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Personal Specification: The ideal candidate will be a team player, able to take individual responsibility and capable of building, maintaining strong, respectful and effective partnerships with the many internal divisions for whom the design department produces work for.
The ability to thrive and remain calm under pressure as well as having a flexible approach to work is also essential.
We are a great team to work with and the job offers variety and growth opportunity to the right candidate.
If you are interested in the role then please forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter and some examples of your work e.g. PDF portfolio.
It is the policy of GP UK that all eligible persons shall have an equal opportunity for employment on the basis of merit.
GP UK is a subsidiary of GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE:GPX), a global performance improvement company. GP UK supports organisations in improving their ability to service their customers needs through innovative and creative training interventions, consulting, and business improvement solutions.