Front-end Web developer
Dogstar Abstracts is a creative communications agency with a fantastic digital reputation. It’s exciting times here and we’re looking to strengthen our digital team. We plan, design and develop websites for a range of clients, mainly across Financial Services, Healthcare and Public Sector.
Responsibility for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web applications.
Taking Photoshop designs from the Digital Design team to produce websites.
Maintaining and updating existing client websites.
Managing outsourced programming / production.
Must have experience working with a range of CMSs – we currently use DNN, Drupal and WordPress but are looking to also use UMBRACO. UMBRACO skills would be hugely beneficial.
– Providing accurate timing estimates on work
– Writing documentation (instructional, pitch, functional and technical specification)
– Train other non technical staff particularly designers
– Contributing to the company development standards working closely with the Digital Design Director
– Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
– Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, emerging technologies, and open source CMS. Keeping team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
– Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of your markets developments.
• Excellent HTML, XHTML, CSS programming skills
• Coding valid XHTML and CSS mark-up
• Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
• Experience with JQuery
• Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
• Excitement about emerging web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3
• Good understanding of Web Accessibility
• Experience working with version control systems such as SVN
• Experience building sites to at least an AA standard.
• Some experience in AJAX techniques
• Knowledge of HTML Email best practice desirable
• Knowledge of UMBRACO highly desirable
Salary based on experience – minimum 3 years but interested to receive applications from mid to senior level.
CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org